La Grande Farmers’ Market 2012
It is that time of year again! La Grande Farmers’ Market begins the season. This wonderful component to life in downtown La Grande during the upcoming months draws locals and visitors to Max Square (corner of 4th and Adam’s) every Tuesday evening and Saturday morning. Area farmers, craftsman, artisans, and musicians present produce and crafts, tunes and services to the community.
May 19 through Oct. 20
9:00 AM to Noon
May 22 through Oct. 16
3:30 PM to 6:00 PM
Traveling through or new to the area stop in and get your next round of locally grown foods and enjoy a great time in downtown La Grande. Learn about the market, see the full Music Schedule, and more below or visit: http://www.lagrandefarmersmarket.org/
About the Market
Serving Union County and Eastern Oregon with local produce, crafts, music and more.
The La Grande Farmers’ Market operated under a different name in 1980. Originally the market was named The Blue Mountain Local Producers Market, but the goals today aren’t too much different than the goals of yesterday – to create venues where local farmers can connect directly with La Grande consumers, to build community in our rural urban setting, and to provide public education on regional farming, gardening and food preparation.
Located in beautiful Eastern Oregon, the La Grande Farmers’ Market is a seasonal open-air market featuring fresh local produce, baked goods, specialty foods, garden products, arts, crafts, and live music. It’s not just shopping, it’s interacting with local farmers, artists, musicians, craftsman and friends.
La Grande Farmers’ Market is operated by a paid manager and governed by an all-volunteer board. The organization is funded through vendor fees, the generous support of market sponsors, members like you, an annual fund-raising dinner, countless hours of volunteer time, and numerous food donations by our vendors to our education programs. La Grande Farmers Market receives no city, state, or federal funding.
2012 Music at the Market Schedule
- 19 – LGSD Music Program “Music to the Max”
- 26 – Leather & Lace
- 2 – Brother Bear & Family, nature inspired folk
- 9 – Thacher Carter & Friends, acoustic finger style folk & blues
- 16 – Carter Freeman
- 23 – Janis Carper & Carolyn Lochart, acoustic folk & originals
- 30 – Dakota Brown
- 7 – Bitterroot
- 14 – (Crazy Days) Larry Robb Band, honky tonk & rockabilly
- 21 – Auburn Isaak, contemporary acoustic singer/songwriter
- 28 – Star Nation, Native American inspiration
- 4 – Heidi Muller & Bob Webb, dulcimer duo
- 11 – BBB Jamie Nasario, soulful blues & jazz
- 18 – The Eclectic Cowboy, western guitar & cowboy poetry
- 25 – Larry Robb Band, honky tonk & rockabilly
- 1 – The Bushman Brothers, Americana
- 8 – Matt Cooper Xtet, jazz
- 15 – Porter & the Pale Ales, standards with style
- 22 – Kupenga Marimba, joyful African rhythms
- 29 – Blue Plate Special, traditional bluegrass
- 6 – Summit Ridge, bluegrass & beyond
- 13 – Janis & Cris
- 20 – Jenna Leigh, acoustic guitar/singer songwriter
The mission of the La Grande Farmers’ Market is to enhance the economic sustainability of our region’s farms by providing a venue for the exchange of quality locally grown goods while creating a vibrant community gathering place.